Recent TEL-related picks from the team.
- Top 10 innovations to transform education in five years – predictions from the Open University (Roger)
- Digital Literacies and Web Literacies: What’s the Difference? – distinguishing one ‘New’ Literacy from another (Pete)
- Student Engagement and Experience Journal – For colleagues in all roles and disciplines who share an enthusiasm for fostering student engagement with learning and providing outstanding student experiences. (Doug)
- A neat study on the Khan Academy and the effectiveness of science videos (YouTube, 8mins) with some good pointers on engaging students. (Suzi)
- An inspiring account of one innovative approach to student engagement and assessment (YouTube, 53 mins) using TEL to harness intrinsic motivations for proactive and independent learning (Jilly)
- Interesting critique of the ‘revolutionary’ nature of MOOCs: will MOOCs come be seen as an interesting but ultimately unimportant diversion or can they contribute to a paradigm change in the ways in which we understand education? (Jilly)